Position: is Salary with a Truck, Paid Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, and 401 K Retirement Package.
The Project Superintendent supervises the field construction of a project, including its organization, planning, and scheduling, in order to complete the work on time, within the budget, and to quality specified. In the performance of this function, the Project Superintendent is responsible to protect and promote the interest of B.L. Spille Construction, Inc., in all matters
We are looking for the candidate who is ready to take on the world; energetic, open to travel anywhere, anytime.
Referral bonus of $500 for B.L. Spille employees who refer a candidate that is hired for this position.
The Project Superintendent is responsible for the overall planning, management, and execution of work for assigned construction projects. The Project Superintendent may be assigned responsibility for one or more projects at a time and should maximize project profitability and promote Company objectives and goals through the performance of his/her job, meeting quality and safety standards as well as meeting owner expectations. The Project Superintendent is expected to assess and respond to customer needs and cultivate customer relationships through proactive interaction with project owners. This position must also foster the fundamental Company business philosophies as well as assist in the process of training and developing employees under his/her supervision.
1. Assists in the preparation of estimates for the project.
2. Prepares project budgets and unit cost reports.
3. Leads the project team in preparing the Project Management Plan.
4. Participates in value engineering services as appropriate.
5. Organizes and holds pre-award and pre-construction meetings.
6. Participates in the successful negotiation and preparation of all project subcontracts.
7. Participates in obtaining permits and resolving other regulatory requirements as necessary.
8. Prepares a project schedule and develops milestones necessary to successfully complete the project in concert with the project Superintendent.
9. Obtains and reviews plans and specifications and determines their completeness and consistency.
Only applicants with 5-10+ years in hospital construction experience will be considered.
It is best to submit a resume with detailed project list included.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Has a valid driver’s license.
3. Has a good driving record.
4. Has an in-depth knowledge of commercial construction processes.
5. Has an in-depth knowledge of MRI’s, CT Scans, PET Scans, Linear Accelerators, Medical Office Buildings, Operatories, Special Procedure Suites and Wellness Clinics
5. Applies estimating concepts to the level required to verify bids, understand market rates, and to process change orders, etc.
6. Understands and applies contractual language and concepts and knows how to best utilize the language and concepts to protect the company and to provide quality service to the client.
7. Has a working knowledge of construction laws and practices.
8. Understands building codes and other design requirements to the extent necessary for the project.
9. Reads and understands plans, blueprints, and specifications.
Additional or Preferred
1. 5-10+ years healthcare construction experience.
2. Bachelors degree in construction management or engineering.
3. Professional affiliation
4. Professional credential
5. Community service participation
6. OSHA 30 Hour Certified
7. Healthcare Construction Certified by ASHE